Saturday 20 October 2007

An Open Letter

Chief Executive Officer
Corporate Megabastards plc

Dear Sir,

It's about time that someone told you what happens when your website forces customers to give a reason for their purchase 'for marketing purposes'.

We lie to you.

This is for 3 reasons:

  1. We are annoyed that we had to fill in all our details twice because 'some important information was missing' from our first attempt.
  2. None of your offered options came close to reality and in any case...
  3. ...it's none of your business, you nosey bastards.

If you continue to give us no choice but to answer your poxy questions in order to buy your product, then we will have no choice but to tell you deliberate big fat porkies in order to spoil your marketing fun.

You are all very irritating.

Kind Regards,

Melissaria

5 comments:

MommyHeadache said...

Oh I am so with you. These marketing people need to keep their noses out! Or if you do need to answer marketing surveys I always tell total lies to muck up their statistics.

Melissaria said...

I'm so glad it's not just me! I really thought it might be until I emailed my good friends SweatyBetty and MadCow, and they replied saying yes, we lie to them at every opportunity.

In fact, MadCow won't even place an order online if marketing info is compulsory - she phones the company and makes them choose between having the sale without the marketing information, or no sale at all. She's a real guerilla shopper, and I will definitely be following her lead on this one.

You'd think the marketing people would have caught on to this by now?

Anonymous said...

I am going to follow suit, I like to do these things, but feel a bit of a sad git, because maybe other people don't. Now i feel more righteous. thanks

Melissaria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissaria said...

Please do - these people need telling to keep their poky noses out of our private business!