Monday 17 December 2007

The goose isn't the only one...

Christmas is coming,
And my arse is getting fat
Half a stone in just ten days,
I can't go on like that!

I've had three Christmas dinners,
And a number of mince pies.
I guess those second helpings
Helped to pile it on my thighs.

But still, with 9 days left to go,
Perhaps if I am good;
Have healthy food, less wine - my jeans
Might fit me as they should.

By Christmas Day, I'll look superb,
Those extra pounds all gone,
Then I'll eat the Christmas Pudding,
And pile them all back on!

4 comments:

MommyHeadache said...

I don't know what to suggest? Colonic irrigation? Eating enough sprouts to clean it all out naturally?

I am going totally anal this year and not going to indulge or one does not lose the lard until June. Well maybe just the one mince pie.

Melissaria said...

Good luck with that, I know I couldn't do it; as a northern lass I have a definite weakness where pies are involved...

Operation No Way Am I Spending The First 2 Months Of 2008 In My Fat Jeans is now underway, wish me luck.

Thankfully Christmas Day is at ours this year, so at least we can build some compulsory self-control into the shopping list!

Jenny said...

Ahahahaah!

Excellent. I can so relate.

Melissaria said...

I thought I wouldn't be alone with this one...

Today I had to refuse a fish and chip lunch, and copious quantities of post-carol-concert mince pies.

It was hard, but I stood firm. Trouble is, one glass of wine, and I can't say no. Luckily I was driving...